Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

You Can’t Teach an Old Dog New Tricks.

Baloney I say!  The phrase dates back to the early 1500’s.  Perhaps near the end of summer you have adopted a middle-age or older dog from one of the Las Vegas shelters.  First of all, you are automatically eligible for sainthood.  Beyond that, you want the rest of your new companion’s life to be as fulfilling as possible.

The list of possible behavioral patterns are many and varied.  Since you don’t know anything about your new best friend’s previous lives you have to undertake the assumption that you are starting from scratch.  What do you want him (or her) to do?  The act of sitting and staying while remaining calm are among them.

How about giving me a call and I will do a free in-home assessment of where your dog is on this scale.  Then I can begin teaching him the patterns you would like to see over the next several years.  It’s a win-win for canine and human!  My name is Dennis Danskin a 40 plus year veteran of the dog training world.  If you live in the Las Vegas area, call me at (702) 327-4744.

No comments:

Post a Comment