Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Why I Don’t Believe in Clicker Training.

If you Google dog training, you are likely to see some well-meaning dog trainer using that annoying clicker.  Those who believe in clicker training are likely to believe in something called operant conditioning.  It goes back 80 years to B.F. Skinner and is based on rewards and punishments for a particular behavior.

I believe that –

1.  You must acknowledge love, joy, and sadness…they are not machines.
2.  We are not all simply controlled by our environment.
3.  Dogs are not just animals who respond only to yelling, poking, and prodding.
4.  Operant conditioning is cruel and ineffective.

You want a four-legged companion who loves to please you…NOT being terrified if he or she does not!  That is my goal.  I am Las Vegas dog trainer Dennis Danskin.  When you call me for a complimentary in-home visit, I will begin the bonding process that will turn your wild child into a valued member of your family.  Call me anytime at (702) 327-4744.   

No comments:

Post a Comment